Burn the Iran Flag!Burn the Iranian Flag!

Monday, December 22, 2008

California Supreme Court allows good Samaritans to be sued for nonmedical care

Morons in "Justice" in CA

The California Supreme Court ruled Thursday that a young woman who pulled a co-worker from a crashed vehicle isn't immune from civil liability because the care she rendered wasn't medical.


A little further in the article:

"One who dives into swirling waters to retrieve a drowning swimmer can be sued for incidental injury he or she causes while bringing the victim to shore, but is immune for harm he or she produces while thereafter trying to revive the victim," Baxter wrote for the dissenters. "Here, the result is that defendant Torti has no immunity for her bravery in pulling her injured friend from a crashed vehicle, even if she reasonably believed it might be about to explode."


This is insanity. I have traveled to California before, and on two occasions, happened upon traffic accidents and stopped to help. My actions could land me in civil court if I did anything of the sort in the future.

I guess the best thing to do would be to call the cops on the cell phone, tell them where the accident is, and watch the victim gurgle up his own blood while he dies.

I hope that one day, I'm in Suckramento when one of these California Supreme Court Justices is in a car wreck, so I can sit and watch him scream in terror as the flames lick at his rapidly charring body, until there is nothing left but smoking bone.

Fuck you California, I don't HAVE to get involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home